The summer transfer window is closed for major leagues in Europe. However, with one eye on January, there’s a lot of gossip swirling about who’s moving where. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest buzz on rumours, whereabouts and, of course, deals!
TOP STORY: Saudi club Al Hilal see chance to sign Cristiano Ronaldo
Cristiano Ronaldo could be set to receive their first offer since being released by Manchester United, with Al Hilal preparing to make a move for the 37-year-old striker, according to Sky Sports.
The Saudi Professional League side previously offered his signing during the summer transfer market but the Red Devils turned down their approach, while it is also understood he was not interested in making the switch the low.
Now a free agent, clubs can make contract offers for his services without having to agree a transfer fee – but while it will make it easier for some parties to enter negotiations, reports have suggested Ronaldo would prefer to move to a team that can offer him Champions League football.
– 2022 World Cup: News and files | Schedule | Teams
However, Chelsea, Real Madrid and Newcastle have made it clear that they have no interest in Ronaldo.
It is reported that Al Hilal will be looking to switch to striker Odion Ighalo in January if they are able to acquire Ronaldo, who became the first player to score in five men’s World Cups on Thursday after netting a penalty in Portugal’s 3-2 win over Ghana.
– Internazionale looking to sign Romelu Lukaku to a new one-year loan deal, includes Sky Italy. It is reported that the Serie A side will try to sign him on a permanent deal after one more season at the club, hoping they can persuade Chelsea to lower their previous demands to get him off Stamford Bridge. The 29-year-old striker has scored once in four Serie A appearances this season.
– Alexander Gomez appears to be one of the first players Sevilla manager Jorge Sampaoli wants to move in January, according to Mundo Deportivo. The 34-year-old attacking midfielder has failed to produce the level of form he has displayed for Atalanta, and he could now be ready to return to Serie A, with Hellas Verona interested in signing him.
– The race for the Palmeiras striker Endrick continues, with Chelsea and Real Madrid ready to join the race for his signature, writes fabrice romano. Paris Saint-Germain have been heavily linked with the 16-year-old Brazil international, but it seems a decision has yet to be made on his future.
– Juventus have been given a boost in their pursuit of Sergej Milinkovic-Savic, reveals Calciomercato. It is understood that the 27-year-old midfielder has no intention of renewing his contract with Lazio, as he approaches the final 18 months of his contract at the Stadio Olimpico. The Bianconeri are said to value him at around €60m and are ready to offer him a contract worth €6m per season. Milinkovic-Savic started for Serbia on Thursday night as his side lost 2-0 to Brazil at the World Cup.
– Charlotte FC made an offer worth $6.5 million to sign Enzo Copettireports Caesar Luis Merlo. The MLS club have been monitoring the 26-year-old striker recently, although it is understood that Primera Division side Argentine Racing Santander would like the proposal to be improved if they agree to part ways with him. He has contributed to 15 goals in 25 league appearances this season.