CHAOS at Juventus as ENTIRE board resigns after stunning Monday meeting

The entire Juventus board shockingly resigned from office, including chairman Andrea Agnelli and vice-chairman Pavel Nedved.

A unanimous decision has been taken by the Italian giants’ board to resign en masse, leaving them in a state of flux amid the mid-season World Cup break.

Managing director Maurizio Arrivabene is expected to remain in charge of his administrative duties despite resigning as well, with the club set to enter an important transition period.

The 2021-22 season saw a year of record losses published by the Turin club, with a loss of £220m (€254.3m) recorded.

The decision for a mass exodus from the board was taken on the proposal of chairman Agnelli, after the board agreed it was in the club’s interest for a new group of executives to take over at Juventus.

Agnelli wrote a letter to all Juventus employees in which he announced “extraordinary results”, including the construction of their Allianz stadium, as well as nine consecutive league titles for the men’s team and five in a row for the women’s team.

He also spoke about Champions League final appearances in Berlin and Cardiff, then observed: “We are facing a delicate moment in society. Better to leave everyone together, giving the possibility to a new team to turn things around.”

The entire Juventus board has resigned unanimously according to reports

His letter, sent to all employees before resigning, continued: “When the team is not compact, it lends itself to adversaries and that can be fatal.

“At that time we need to have clarity and contain the damage. I will continue to imagine and work for a better football club, comforted by a phrase from Friedrich Nietzsche: “And those who saw themselves dancing were considered mad by those who did not hear the music”.

“Remember everyone, we will recognize each other everywhere with a look: we are the people of Juve!”

Details of the letter were published by ANSA and La Repubblica.

According to various Italian media, the unanimous decision results from the involvement in the Prisma investigation, opened by the Turin public prosecutor’s office.

Juventus have won nine consecutive Serie A titles under manager Andrea Agnelli (left).  Pictured: Agnelli with former manager Antonio Conte (right) after winning the 2012-13 title

Juventus have won nine consecutive Serie A titles under manager Andrea Agnelli (left). Pictured: Agnelli with former manager Antonio Conte (right) after winning the 2012-13 title

A statement on the club’s official website said the board had received “further legal and accounting advice” from independent experts tasked with assessing “critical issues”.

Agnelli’s unprecedented period of dominance at the Allianz Stadium – including a nine-year run of Serie A titles – is now over.

The full board also includes Laurence Debroux, Massimo Della Ragione, Katryn Fink, Daniela Marilungo, Francesco Roncaglio, Giorgio Tacchia and Suzanne Keywood, as well as Agenlli, Nedved and Arrivabene.

Juventus now find themselves in a state of flux as pressure mounts on the pitch over the allegations, which they have previously denied.

On Tuesday, October 25, the club denied any wrongdoing after allegations of false accounting and market manipulation following an investigation into the club’s financial statements.

The council had been told the investigation was complete, which usually precedes any request to bring suspects to trial in Italy, and a source familiar with the matter said there were 15 suspects in the investigation, including Agnelli.

Agnelli oversaw an unprecedented period of dominance - which is now coming to an end

Agnelli oversaw an unprecedented period of dominance – which is now coming to an end

The club issued a statement saying: “Juventus remains satisfied… to have acted in accordance with the laws and regulations governing the preparation of financial reports, in accordance with accounting principles and in accordance with international practice in the football industry.”

The Turin prosecutor had alleged the club misrepresented financial losses in the 2018-20 period, with prosecutors investigating the amount attributed to player sales.

The club is controlled by Exor, which is the holding company of the Agnelli family, with the club’s former chairman a key driver behind the European Super League’s failure as the competition’s vice-chairman.

The club confirmed that a shareholders’ meeting due to take place on November 23 had been moved to December 27 in a statement.

Juventus have slipped from their perch at the top of Italian football after nine straight Serie A titles

Juventus have slipped from their perch at the top of Italian football after nine straight Serie A titles

It reads: “Today, Juventus Football Club SpA published pro forma financial information in accordance with the Consob resolution of October 19, 2022 adopted pursuant to art. 154-ter, comma 7, of Decree Legislative No. 58/1998 (“TUF”).

In order to ensure maximum transparency and sufficient time for shareholders to take cognizance of the aforementioned information, the Board of Directors of the Company, meeting today, decided to postpone the General Meeting, previously scheduled for November 23, 2022. , as of December 27, 2022.’

But despite overseeing a period of dominance for the Italian giants and spending lavishly on the transfer market of late, Juventus have lost their footing at the top of Italian football.

Their nine-year success was first halted by Inter, who were steered to the title in 2021 under former Juventus boss Antonio Conte.

And they were then denied the chance to win 10 Scudetto titles in 11 years by AC Milan last season, with Napoli looking unstoppable this season in Serie A as Juve’s bid for a first title in three years begins to falter. seem unlikely.

Leave a Comment