01/6Do not reheat these foods in the oven

Let’s face it, it’s happened to all of us when we end up with a huge amount of food that was made overnight. Throwing everything away is a huge waste, so what do you do with it? You put it in a container in the fridge or freezer to eat it later. Most of the time, we cook food in the microwave and reheat it for later consumption. This seems like an ideal situation for most foods we eat. But did you know there are some foods you really shouldn’t reheat in the microwave because they can harm your body? There are a few foods that you’re better off throwing away if there are any leftovers. Or just not doing the same in the first place. Whatever you do, reheating them is not a good idea. Looked. (Photo credit: Canva)

Read more

02/6Potato

Reheating potatoes is a bad idea because heat is a breeding ground for C. botulinum bacteria and it can cause food poisoning. Bacteria are not killed by heat; they will actually multiply because of it!

Read more

03/6Leftover chicken

If you have leftover cooked chicken, you should eat it cold the next day or reheat it very slowly on low heat. What you shouldn’t do is put it in the microwave to reheat it in a short burst. The protein in the chicken will change if it is suddenly moved from the cold of the fridge to the heat of the microwave and it can really upset your stomach.

Read more

04/6Rice

Reheating rice is risky because it can be a breeding ground for bacteria. What you really shouldn’t do is let the rice come to room temperature before reheating it. Just pop it straight into the microwave when you take it out of the fridge. Better yet: eat it all at once or toss the leftovers.

Read more

05/6Celery

You can find celery in many soups, but if you have leftover soup, it’s best to remove the celery. Celery contains nitrates and these turn into nitrites when heated. Nitrites are toxic and are linked to heart disease, among other things.

Read more

06/6Eggs

Eggs are best eaten immediately after preparing them (or eaten cold later) or discarded. Heating them can cause the release of toxins that can really damage your body.

Read more