Fortnite is certainly known for adding some cool new mechanics to shake up the game, but Chapter 4 brought perhaps the biggest change to the popular battle royale experience in years. This time around, we haven’t just received an exciting new map and new weapons – Epic have introduced groundbreaking Reality Augments that work as perks for your character. This new system can completely change how a match plays out, so you’ll want to know all about what boosts to get and how they work. Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered here.
List of Fortnite Boosts
Throughout each match, you’ll be given a choice of two random boosts that can give you an edge over your competition. The longer you survive, the more Boosts you will receive. These will last until the end of the match, but they will not carry over to the next match. If you don’t like the random raise, you can reroll for a chance to get one you want, but be aware that you only get one free reroll. If you want to keep rerolling, you will have to spend 100 gold bars each time.
Like the other collections in the game, Augments have their own tab where you can view the ones you’ve discovered so far. Epic is almost certain to add more Augments in the coming weeks and months, so be sure to check back in the future to see any you may not have found yet.
Here are all the augments currently available:
- Air – Allows you to redeploy Glider for the rest of the match.
- Bloodhound – Enemies hit by your sniper rifle or archery shots are marked for a short duration.
- bow specialist – Bows fire and reload faster, and you regenerate arrows over time.
- bush warrior – You regenerate health and partial shields inside a large foliage.
- Chug Gunner – Receive a Chug Cannon.
- Demolition ammunition – Objects you destroy have a chance to drop explosives. Excludes player-built structures.
- first assault – The first bullet in your Assault Rifle’s magazine deals extra damage.
- Provide – You can always see the next storm circle.
- jelly fisherman – Receive a fishing rod. You can use it to fish anywhere, but you can only fish jellyfish.
- light fingers – Makes your weapons using Light Ammo reload faster.
- mechanical archer – Gives you Mechanical Explosive Bow and Mechanical Shockwave Bow.
- More Parkour – Your energy regenerates briefly after a mantling or a hurdle.
- party time – Earn balloons over time.
- Pistol amp – Pistols have a significantly increased magazine size.
- Rifle recycling – Weapons using medium ammo have a chance to not consume ammo.
- Quick Reload – Sprinting will slowly reload your equipped shotgun.
- Arrow sprints – While sprinting, you will be able to jump much higher and jump with lower gravity.
- Splash Medic – You have a chance of finding Chug Splash in every container you open.
- mark of storm – When the storm changes, ping the area towards very close enemies for a short duration.
- Supercharged – Your vehicles will not consume fuel and their health will be improved.
- Tactical Armory – Grants Rare Tactical AR and Combat Shotgun.
- tricked – Getting into a car or truck applies Chonkers and a Cow Catcher to it.
Augments aren’t the only new addition to Fortnite in this update, so be sure to take a look at everything added in Chapter 4 Season 1.
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you purchase something featured on our site.