Now, Hello Games has come out with another big update, bringing a number of bug fixes that surfaced as part of the Waypoint update. This new patch brings the title to version 4.06, and here is a list of all the nice fixes it includes:
- Story summaries for the various NPC Base Specialists have been added to the Gathered Knowledge page of the Information Portal.
- Plate interactions will no longer revert to the first piece of that planet’s race history after completing each interaction.
- Abandoned build interactions will no longer revert to the start of the first story after completing each interaction.
- Fixed an issue that could cause some Travel Stage Guidance missions to get stuck in a loop.
- Players joining a friend’s game directly from the UI but without a valid save slot will now have the option to customize their difficulty settings.
- Fixed an issue that could cause all Drop Pod planetary missions to end in the same system when loading a save where one was recently completed.
- Fixed a number of issues that could cause the shortcut button to take players directly to a newly unlocked guide entry and not work properly.
- Fixed an issue that limited an item’s craft quantity to its current stack size – craft quantities can now be scaled up to the current free inventory space.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent the shortcut button from taking players directly to a newly discovered mineral/plant/creature and not working properly.
- Shield strength, hull strength, and combat maneuverability of hostile spaceships now scale correctly with the space combat difficulty setting.
- Removed non-functional companion summon options from the ship quick menu.
- Fixed an issue that could cause crafting steps for the Stasis Device and Fusion Igniter to overflow past the edges of the screen.
- Fixed a collision issue affecting some alloy door parts.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Living Frigate “Power” options to appear when talking to Standard Frigate Captains aboard your Freighter.
- Fixed an issue that caused the non-functional tech warning to display twice for blocked slots.
- Fixed an issue that could appear to show the freighter inventory as valid when no freighter was owned.
- Fixed an issue that caused invalid text to appear in some Journey Stage Guidance Missions.
- Fixed an issue that caused unpurchasable slots to flash despite the ship or multi-tool in question having reached the maximum inventory size for its class.
- Fixed a rare issue that could cause invalid items to be assigned from derelict cargo containers.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the wrong inventory to increase when unlocking new slots.
- Fixed a number of issues that could cause inventories to scale or scroll incorrectly.
- Fixed an issue that could allow players to interact with hidden inventory items while using the extended inventory.
- Fixed a rare issue that could leave some multi-tools with broken tech unremovable after repairing that tech.
- The Living Ship now uses the correct inventory tags.
- Fixed an issue that could cause invalid text to appear in various mission info fields when multiple Drop Pod Planetary Missions were active at the same time.
- Fixed an issue that caused some UI elements to overlap the bottom of the inventory screen.
- Fixed a number of issues that could cause inventory numbers to overflow outside of their icon in some languages.
- Fixed inventory readability issues causing the background to be too transparent in VR.
- Fixed a number of particle flickering issues in VR.
- Fixed a number of visual issues that could occur when using the appearance modifier.
- Fixed a number of rendering issues affecting Oculus/Meta VR headsets.
- Fixed a PC-only issue that could cause network settings to become unavailable without explanation.
- Fixed a number of memory issues related to FSR 2.
- The visual quality of FSR 2’s Ultra Performance mode has been improved.
- Fixed a number of multiplayer game invite issues that affected Xbox platforms.
- Fixed an issue that could blur important information for modders.
- Fixed a crash related to playing custom ByteBeat tracks.
- Fixed a rare hang that could occur when summoning the Space Anomaly using a hotkey.
- Fixed a number of memory-related crashes on Nintendo Switch.
On Nintendo Switch, this patch also contains all fixes from patch 4.05.
So it’s your lot! Pretty good, we think. We’ll happily continue to play No Man’s Sky if Hello Games continues to support it, but what about you? Are you still hanging out in space and collecting that precious ferrite dust? Let us know with a comment below.
Please note that some external links on this page are affiliate links, which means that if you click on them and make a purchase, we may receive a small percentage of the sale. Please read our FTC disclosure for more information.
[source nomanssky.com, via nintendoeverything.com]