Stalker who left Claire Foy ‘terrified at home’ in UK illegally, court hears | UK News

A persistent stalker who left Claire Foy ‘terrified in her own home’ and fearful of killing her and her daughter entered the UK illegally, a court has heard.

Jason Penrose, 49, launched a ‘campaign of constant stalking’ and even showed up at The Crown star’s home on December 17 last year and repeatedly rang the doorbell, said Wood Green court on Monday.

Penrose sent Foy’s publicist Emma Jackson more than 1,000 explicit emails, including one about Foy being raped and wanting her to be his girlfriend.

He tried to contact the actor on LinkedIn and Instagram, and also contacted Foy’s sister by email and her ex-boyfriend by text message.

Dressed in a white shirt and brown cap, Penrose spoke only to confirm his name.

He admitted to stalking and two violations of a harassment protection order earlier this month.

Penrose was returned to Wood Green Crown Court for sentencing after a judge warned him he faced at least 30 months in jail.

Varinder Hayre, prosecuting, earlier told the court: ‘Ms Foy was targeted by Mr Penrose in sustained, unwanted, obsessive and obsessive behavior which was intrusive due to her delusional beliefs.’

He said the night Penrose went to Foy’s address, his daughter answered the door intercom and Penrose said, “It’s Jason, I’m out.”

“Ms Foy was terrified as she did not know what her intention was. She feared for her life and that of her daughter,” Hayre said.

The harassment had “an extreme effect on her life and her peace of mind”, he said, adding: “She has trouble sleeping and is terrified in her own house. She feels like the freedoms before Mr. Penrose contacted her are now gone.

In a letter written to the court, Foy said: “His relentless attempts to contact me are so traumatic. Every time I think it’s fixed, it’s not.

“I feel like nothing would stop him from contacting me, he’s affected every aspect of my life.”

Penrose first contacted Foy through his agent and publicist claiming to be a film producer.

He had been treated at Whittington Hospital, north London, but today it emerged he was no longer doing so.

Judge David Aaronberg said one issue to be resolved was the possibility of Penrose being deported because he came to the UK illegally.

He adjourned sentencing until December 2, adding: “It is the common opinion of all involved in the case that Mr Penrose suffers from a mental illness which is resistant to treatment and that there is a high risk of recurrence and a high risk of harm.”

Penrose was released on bail, subject to conditions including that he live in accommodation in accordance with Islington NHS Trust guidelines.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *